We offer 15 hours and 30 hours free funded child care.
Our opening ours are from 8.30 am until 15.15 pm
For the 15 hours we have two sessions:
The morning session starts at 8:30 am until 11:30 am
The afternoon session starts at 12:15 pm until 15:15 pm
Nursery Daily Routine
At Ashworth Nursery School we enjoy a range of healthy snacks. Examples include:
- Milk and water for all drinks
- Fruits and vegetables e.g. apples, bananas, pears, oranges, melon, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, nectarines, plums kiwis, avocado, carrots, cucumber, celery, peas, potatoes etc.
- Wholemeal toast and crumpets
- Bread sticks, pita or chapattis and hummus/cheese/cucumber
- Cheese and crackers
- Lower-sugar fromage frais
Ashworth Nursery School Brochure
If, after 10 minutes past the end of session, the child has not been collected, staff will try to contact the parent/carer from the emergency contact numbers listed. If after one hour a child has not been collected, staff will contact the Blackburn with Darwen Emergency Duty Social Worker.
For further information please see our uncollected children/missing children policy
Unexpected School Closures
The decision to close our school is never taken lightly.
However, if we should have to due to adverse weather conditions or unexpected circumstances an announcement will be made on the following radio stations, Radio Lancashire and The Bee.
A message will also be on our School website.